Wednesday 23 April 2014

Koh Tao

So I think its important to get this out of the way at the beginning of this post. From Chiang Mai, Vic, Justine and I were headed to Koh Tao, an island in the south of Thailand, but before catching a train from Bangkok, we had to fly there. And yes I booked the flights for the wrong day, £200 later and running through an airport we made it to Bangkok to catch the overnight train.


The overnight train was surprisingly comfy, which each had our own bed, so compared to getting the overnight buses where you only have a seat it was fantastic! We finally arrived after a boat and taxi ride (of course in the back of a pick up) to our idyllic bungalow overlooking the sea! We spent the rest of the day chilling and sunbathing on the beach. that evening we explored the main strip and picked a lovely restaurant on the beach for a delicious meal.


The next day we went to explore the other side of the island with snorkels in toe. We found a tiny beach to base ourselves and spent the day rock climbing, sunbathing and swimming with the fishies!




















We ventured home to glam ourselves up for a cheeky night out. This night was pretty epic after consuming many a bucket of cocktail, watching people play with fire, jumping in a swimming pool at 5 in the morning and ending the night watching the sunrise on the beach!




























We spent the morning sleeping and the rest of the day on paradise island nursing our hangovers while taking in the last of the sun with a beautiful sunset to finish our time on Koh Tao.




The next day it was time to head back to my apartment in Bangkok, we arrived at about 2 in the morning and crashed untill the next day. I woke up with my tourist guide hat on ready to show the girls the sights of Bangkok. I took them to the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun all along the river so we explored them by boat. We then did some last minute tourist shopping at MBK before having dinner at my favourite local Thai restaurant on the corner of my road. To finish our final evening off together we went to the Marriott Skybar on the next road to see the Bangkok skyline at night. I then had to say goodbye at the airport to my gorgeous friends Vic and Justine until we would be reunited back in the UK. Thank you so much for coming to visit, I had the best time ever.



This is my last post from Thailand as I spent the next few days cleaning my apartment and saying goodbye to friends and the country I have loved and called my home for the last 6 months. But it is now time for a new adventure. See you in Vietnam.




With Love from Thailand xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment