Tuesday 1 April 2014

Part 4 - So long, Farewell.

After we returned to Chiang Mai from the 3 day trek we got to enjoy a little bit more of the city before we flew back to Bangkok.

In the evening we went for a lovely dinner by the river followed by a stroll around the Night Bazaar and an early night as we were shattered from the trekking.


Our last day up north I took the family up to see Doi Suthep a temple on the top of a hill over looking the city. Unfortunately (like when I went at New Year) it was smoggy so we couldn't see the city. It is a beautiful temple and was lovely to wander round. After we climbed back down the steps to the songtwao waiting for us we got him to drop us at a gorgeous flower market.


We loved the Tea House that we had visited a few days before so we decided to go back here for a bite to eat before we had to catch the flight back to Bangkok. On returning to the capital city we went back to the street food restaurant we went to on their first day for some delicious dinner.















For the families last day in Thailand it was a chance to tick off the last bit of site seeing and visit Wat Pho the reclining Buddha and Wat Arun just the opposite side of the river. We also climbed up Wat Arun for a lovely view over the city.


That night for our last night together I wanted it to be lovely and special. Unfortunately the political protests, annoying taxi drivers and an alcohol ban made the evening start off very disappointingly. However we soon got over it by having a cup of tea and a lovely meal at Asiatique. This was followed by a trip on the Bangkok Eye a big wheel over looking the river. I'm not sure why we went on it as it was particularly scary when stopped at the top, but nether the less a lot of fun.


It was awesome having the family to visit and see all the places I'd been experiencing for the last six months, but saying goodbye at the airport was very hard! Only 6 weeks till we will be reunited again in the UK. I have to say I think I'm ready to go home now, but I've got a little more exploring to do first........

With Love from Thailand xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I am doing the program this fall and I was wondering if I could possibly get your email address to ask you a few questions I have been thinking about!

    ReplyDelete