Sunday 16 March 2014

Singapore Slinging

Singapore Part 1

My sister, Bexs has a best friend called Mel, who is joining us on the Watts family holiday when Mum, Dad and Bexs are coming to visit Thailand next week. As a thank you Mel invited me to join her in Singapore for a few days as she was on business there, and what an amazing few days it was!!!

We stayed in the gorgeous Regent hotel by Orchard Road, for the four days I was in heaven and spoilt rotten. I think the best way to make you see what a nice hotel it was is to say there was a Ferrari constantly parked outside. I can now see why paying more than £10 a night for accommodation can be worth it and if I had the money I totally would every time! For four days I was like an excitable puppy when they meet new people, the room was delightful, little things like complementary shampoo made me jump in the air with joy. I was in luxury for once instead of a room with ants.....there was certainly no bugs in this hotel.


Mel and I arrived and were reunited on Wednesday at the airport. After settling in to the hotel, we went to the lounge to have cheese and Gin and Tonics.....I was in heaven again. Cheese is hard to come by in Asia and then it is at a price if you find it. Then it was time for the night Safari at Singapore Zoo. Sorry for the lack of photo's but animals don't like flashes so did not show up on the camera. We saw loads of cute animals including wallabies, elephants, massive bats and lions, it was great.















The next day Mel had to work, so after a full English breakfast (they had Dijon mustard too!!!!) I went off to explore the city for the day. I caught the bus down to the bay front to go to the Gardens by the Bay. They are a beautiful collection of gardens and it was lovely to wander round looking at all the plants. There were also two domes to explore and a sky walk on a canopy from some trees. I spent most of day there absorbing nature and the views from the sky walk.





On the way back to the hotel I stopped at Maine Bay Sands Hotel, and extraordinary landmark in Singapore on the bay front. On the top of the three towers is an infinity pool and places to sunbathe, unfortunately only residents of the hotel can use these facilities. However there is also a Skypark, of which I think you have to pay to get in to but I managed to sneak up unnoticed, to see the magnificent view at the top.



















That evening we met up with one of Mel's old school friends Mike and his girlfriend Georgie. They took us to an awesome Dim Sum restaurant, were we stuffed our faces with delicious food. this was followed by a trip back to Maine Bay Sands for a cocktail at the bar at the top. The view was even more awesome at night.



















With love from Singapore xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment