Sunday 16 March 2014

Cousins Reunited

Singapore Part 2

On Friday, while Mel was at work I ventured down Orchard Road the main shopping area in Singapore. It was great....they had an M&S (wow I sound like my mum) but it was great to by some new underwear after not having any for 6 months, and that actually fits, rather than everything that's in size skinny only for Thai people. 

At lunchtime my cousin Emily and her friend Lou arrived in Singapore. The last time I saw them was a month ago when they came to visit in Bangkok before island hopping. We chilled in the afternoon and then put our dresses on to head to Raffles Long Bar the home to the original Singapore Sling. This was in Raffles Hotel, which is a very old famous hotel in Singapore. It was the best cocktail I've ever had! Very yummy indeed. 























It was then time to be reunited with another cousin Michelle, who lives in Singapore with her fiancĂ©e Andrew. They took us for drinks along the river where Mel joined us too after work followed by a lovely meal. We all chatted and gossiped and caught up on lots of stories. The evening was filled with delicious food and awesome company. Emily and Lou were staying at Michelle's apartment, so we finished the night off with one drink at their's, it was also lovely to see their gorgeous apartment. 



The next day was my last morning in Singapore, so as Mel had to get up early for work I joined her to fit in one last bit of sightseeing. Obviously not before I'd taken full advantage of the three course meal for breakfast. I then headed over to the Botanic gardens for a strollUnfortunately it has not rained in Singapore for a long time (although I hear its now rained since I left) so the gardens were very dry, but they were still beautiful and peaceful. There were families out for the day having picnics along side runners and groups doing yoga. I also stumbled across a large pond with terrapins, which I love so stopped and stared for a while. It was then time to catch my flight back to Bangkok so I had to leave the tranquil gardens for the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. 


















With Love from Singapore xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment