Monday 18 November 2013

Teacher Beth

So I've officially been a teacher for 2 weeks now (how grown up does that sound?) and been loving every second of it. I work for a company called Speakez, and I live about a 20 min walk from our office in Bangkok. So the commute is nice and easy each morning. Everyday I go to a different school, but my schedule is the same each week. So every Monday I go to the same school and teach the same classes, so still get to know the students, its great as it's a bit of variation each day.

I teach from Kindergarten all the way to P6, which are the oldest students in Primary school. The kindergarten students are adorable and always want to give you a hug, however they can be very hard work as their English is at a very basic level, and it is hard to get them to remember words. P4-6 can be a bit more fun as you can play games which they understand and have a bit of a laugh with them.

(Sorry this photo is from the summer camp I
 taught at not got any photos of me teaching yet)


Each lesson I introduce new vocab and get them speaking it as much as possible throughout the lesson through the use of games and activities, they then get to do a fun worksheet at the end. The lessons fly by and by the end of the day I'm shattered, but still finding it so much fun.

I think my biggest struggle so far as been trying to get them to say my name correctly. Thai's can't pronounce the TH sound, so I'm either Bet or Bes. Thanks Mum and Dad for not giving me a universal name!


With love from Thailand xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment